Thursday, March 15, 2007

Thesis

For several years I have lamented the divisiveness of American politics. Talk radio seems to appeal to the juvenile in us rather than the problem solvers in us. Politicians seem to treat political office more like a team sport to be won rather than the responsible governing of the people by statesmanship and compromise. I look in vain for thoughtful people who are speaking up for the American people.

Edmond Burke said, "the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". I felt that if I wasn't seeing what I believed to be a responsible approach to government and politics, I could at least let my voice be heard. If you happen to stumble upon this blog and believe it to be worthy of your time, tell somebody else about it. Perhaps, if there are enough people out there that want to solve problems instead of win the game of politics, we can make a difference.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Many Americans have just "opted out" of their part of the political system because we are just so frustrated with it, what's the point? I applaud your effort to stand up & make a difference. I pray that your voice will be heard... now get out there & ADVERTISE!